Foorum Kodulehekülg Eesti Audi Klubi foorum Viimati aktiivne: Mitte kunagi

Pole sisse logitud. [Logi sisse - Registreeri]
Mine lehekülje algusesse

Telli teema e-mailile | Lisa lemmikutesse   Tee uus teema Tee uus küsitlus
Autor:
Pealkiri: Vedrustus & juhitavus (Vastuseid: 13 | Vaatamisi: 7228)
Maku
klubiliige

Registreerunud 28.01.03
Kasutaja on eemal

postitati 02.09.10 19:37 Tsiteeri
Vedrustus & juhitavus

Tsitaat:
Algselt postitas: Maku
Tsitaat:
Algselt postitas: MartinCS
Proovi veel kellegi B5 RS4'ja kas hea naastuga või lumel. Sellel peaks olema keskdiffer teise häälestusega, või siis tseki seda, mida juba linkisin quattro veojõu teemas.. Natuke enda B5 läheb otse ikka mõnes situatsioonis, aga tegelikult tundub päris hea ning madal vääne on ka biturbol. Muidugi on kaal 1620'st kaugel, kipub ikka sinna 1700 kanti minema..

Martin, ma võin ju seda veelkorra proovida, kuid alajuhitavaks jääb see auto ikka. top gear audi rs4

The fastest RS4 on the Nürburgring, Goetz Motorsport, runs 11x18" with 305/645 R18 in the front and 10x18" with 265/645 R18 in the rear.

Sorry, I really meant to say 265/35/18! That way you stay within 1,1% of the original diameter.

LINK

torque addict / in the real world four wheel drive means safety and traction
Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada kasutajale U2U
Maku
klubiliige

Registreerunud 28.01.03
Kasutaja on eemal

postitati 03.09.10 23:07 Tsiteeri
juhitavus

Tsitaat:
Petsi RS4 tagumine stabikas oli ka 16mm.
Mõõtsin veel korra korralikult RS4 stabikad üle. Esimene 29 mm ja tagumine 15 mm.

Maku
klubiliige

Registreerunud 28.01.03
Kasutaja on eemal

postitati 26.12.10 01:27 Tsiteeri

Tsitaat:
S4 Tuning - Suspension
One of the most cost effective improvements that can be made is H&R anti roll bars. The ride comfort stays the same but the car corners flatter and they give the S4 a more neutral balance.

For track days a coil over kit is the way to go, Bilstein and H&R both make a kit for the S4.

http://www.hotchkis.net/audi_b5_sport_sway_bar_set.html

Description:

For those that track their A4/S4 often or want a much more aggressive feel when attacking a canyon road, Hotchkis Sport Suspension offers the Extreme Sport Sway Bar Set. With the rear adjustable, for fine tuning, turn-in is very crisp while the rear will rotate around tighter radius corners. This set uses a 35mm, tubular front bar and a 22mm, tubular, two-position rear bar. Included are replacement polyurethane bushings front and rear, bushing brackets front and rear along with 90-degree grease fittings front and rear. To strengthen the rear sub-frame area, Hotchkis developed a billet aluminum reinforcement bracket system which bolts easily from the sub-frame to a hard point on the chassis. All necessary hardware is included in the reinforcement kit.

Rate increase over stock
Front: +60%
Rear: +140% & +169%

Maku
klubiliige

Registreerunud 28.01.03
Kasutaja on eemal

postitati 27.12.10 12:19 Tsiteeri

Stabikate kohta lisaks:

Increasing ARB stiffness doesnt reduce grip...
But it does affect how the chassis/suspension set of the car will react to the road.

Basically on a perfect road, increaseing the stiffness of the front and rear equally will increase cornering grip, while keeping the same handling characteristics.

Having a softer front or harder rear, means that the front will be more prone to roll, the rear will try to remain stiff and thus will cause the tyre to break away and give over steer.

S4BiT
huviline

Registreerunud 20.08.07
Kasutaja on eemal

Auto: ‘07 BMW 335xi E91

postitati 03.03.11 10:10 Tsiteeri

Siit copy-paste: http://audisrs.com/Suspension_set_up_and_tuning_about16509.html

Just interested on peoples ideas on this. When modding my car's suspension set up I went down this path to end up where I am now.

1) Stock - quite nose heavy, felt understeery but when pushed hard going up hill handled really well. A bit of body roll.
2) H-Sport ARBs front and rear (soft), otherwise stock suspension - very sharp turn in, light steering with not much steering feed back. Reasonably neutral with both understeer and oversteer possible depending how I drove it (on the track).
3) PSS9s approx 15mm lower with rear ARB on hard - very sharp turn in, great handling but not much steering feedback and car understeers when pushed fast through corners (on the track).
4) PSS9s raised to approx stock height, corner weight balanced, OEM front ARB, H-Sport rear bar on hard - turn in very progressive and great steering feedback, car feels very neutral and able to get power down earlier during cornering (haven't tracked it yet). In short the car feels fricken awesome. Hoping to do track day soon to check high speed cornering and stability. As an interesting aside it was pointed out to me that these cars are really designed to be left hand drive, which is why most of the fuel tank is on the right hand side - to balance the weight of the driver.

Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada kasutajale e-mail Saada kasutajale U2U Vaata kasutaja MSN Messengeri aadressi Kasutaja Telefoninumber
Maku
klubiliige

Registreerunud 28.01.03
Kasutaja on eemal

postitati 03.03.11 10:54 Tsiteeri

Tsitaat:
Algselt postitas: S4BiT
PSS9s raised to approx stock height, corner weight balanced, OEM front ARB, H-Sport rear bar on hard - turn in very progressive and great steering feedback, car feels very neutral and able to get power down earlier during cornering (haven't tracked it yet). In short the car feels fricken awesome. Hoping to do track day soon to check high speed cornering and stability.
Väärt info.

Maku
klubiliige

Registreerunud 28.01.03
Kasutaja on eemal

postitati 17.04.11 09:32 Tsiteeri

Tsitaat:
Mõõtsin veel korra korralikult RS4 stabikad üle. Esimene 29 mm ja tagumine 15 mm.
Panin ka essile mõõdiku külge ja tulemus sama, mis RS4-al - ees ca 30 mm ja taga 15 mm.

S4BiT
huviline

Registreerunud 20.08.07
Kasutaja on eemal

Auto: ‘07 BMW 335xi E91

postitati 24.04.11 07:56 Tsiteeri

Tsitaat:
Tsitaat:
Panin ka essile mõõdiku külge ja tulemus sama, mis RS4-al - ees ca 30 mm ja taga 15 mm.

See on sellest, et kui RS-ile pole tehase poolt Quattro Gmbh stabikaid külge kruvitud, siis ongi kasutusel samad stabikad, mis S-il :)

Vaata kasutaja profiili Saada kasutajale e-mail Saada kasutajale U2U Vaata kasutaja MSN Messengeri aadressi Kasutaja Telefoninumber
Maku
klubiliige

Registreerunud 28.01.03
Kasutaja on eemal

postitati 27.07.12 21:51 Tsiteeri

Otsisin huvi pärast palju kiidetud RS4 B7 stabikate andmed välja - esimene 29 mm ja tagumine 22 mm.

Tsitaat viimased car'ist: "The Mk2 RS4 was launched as a saloon, but the Avant (and wobbly Cabriolet) followed soon after, and it really does just take on corner to realise this is and Audi like no other. It's a match for an E46 M3, with crisp steering, sharp turn-in and great body control - you'd never know that all eight cylinders are hung ahead of the front axle. Bar the R8 supercar, Audi has never built a better car.".

Kindlasti mängib rolli seal ka toimiv DRC.

Maku
klubiliige

Registreerunud 28.01.03
Kasutaja on eemal

postitati 30.09.12 21:13 Tsiteeri

Tsitaat:
Otsisin huvi pärast palju kiidetud RS4 B7 stabikate andmed välja - esimene 29 mm ja tagumine 22 mm.

Tsitaat viimased car'ist: "The Mk2 RS4 was launched as a saloon, but the Avant (and wobbly Cabriolet) followed soon after, and it really does just take on corner to realise this is and Audi like no other. It's a match for an E46 M3, with crisp steering, sharp turn-in and great body control - you'd never know that all eight cylinders are hung ahead of the front axle. Bar the R8 supercar, Audi has never built a better car.".

Kindlasti mängib rolli seal ka toimiv DRC.

Vaatasin huvi pärast ka H&R stabikaid.

RS4 B7 = ees 32 mm, taga 24 mm
S4 B7 = ees 32 mm, taga 22 mm
S4/RS4 B5 = ees 32 mm, taga 21/17 mm

Maku
klubiliige

Registreerunud 28.01.03
Kasutaja on eemal

postitati 31.10.13 11:45 Tsiteeri

RS4 rear ARB - what are folk using?

How much is RS4 GMBH suspension worth?

Maku
klubiliige

Registreerunud 28.01.03
Kasutaja on eemal

postitati 15.01.14 21:56 Tsiteeri
Rehvimõõdust

See tüüp kasutab 255/35R19 rehvi, mis on tolli võrra suurem originaalist. Pole küll kõige paremad pildid aga tundub okei.

Maku
klubiliige

Registreerunud 28.01.03
Kasutaja on eemal

postitati 02.03.14 18:54 Tsiteeri

Tsitaat:
Algselt postitas: Lewis
+1 for the Bilstein b16's, I have KW V3's at the moment no matter what I try I can't get them set to a suitable damping/rebound rate also find them just too harsh especially round town feels like the car has square wheels most of the time - Bilsteins on in a could of weeks with new 034 top mounts. :thumb:
Tsitaat:
Algselt postitas: lynchy
My Bilstein PSS9s feel great !
RS4 ride height

Siit selline info (The unofficial RS6 buyers guide.):

KW v3 - (yellow) v.firm, fully adjustable (but not on the car), won't corrode
Bilstein PSS9 - (blue) firm, rebound adjustable, and some corrosion issues in the past
H&R - (red) lowest cost, less firm, not adjustable but may sag when fully laden

Maku
klubiliige

Registreerunud 28.01.03
Kasutaja on eemal

postitati 18.02.17 08:22 Tsiteeri
How to make your understeering S4 handle

Ühe B8 mehe kogemused.

http://dreamingin302ci.blogspot.com.ee/2015/08/how-to-make-your-understeering-s4-handle.html

Audi's biggest problem - push everywhere. Out of the box, the factory setup leans towards heavy understeer. Whether one has the sport differential or not, the car pushes at the limit. My latest setup has remedied this completely. Alignment changes, ride height and sway bar settings did pure magic to this car.

Current setup is as follows:

Front
-3deg Camber
5.5deg Caster
-0.12deg Toe (1.5mm total toe out)
26in FTG

Rear
-2deg Camber
0.15deg Toe (1.8mm total toe in)
25.5in FTG

Compared with stock, this is a dramatic drop in toe all around. Stock calls for a range between 2.1mm up to 6.4mm of toe in all around. This, combined with the stock camber settings (rear has more camber than front) yields a lot of push.

With the new setup, the car has rotation on demand--it can truly be driven with the right pedal and throttle steered even at on-limit situations--which the same could not ever be said on the stock setup (or even my previous alignment). There is a lot of trailing throttle rotation. So much so that when people are behind me, they tell me that they think I'm going to lose it entering a corner, but the car just stabilizes and shoots out of a corner as soon as I get back on the throttle. 2 words that never really joined together: Audi Oversteer. It has it.

The character has changed so dramatically that I am now using tire pressures more typically seen on front-engine, rear drive vehicles. Previous to this, I'd run 40f/44r hot pressures to help with rotation. Now I am running 40f, 34r hot pressures to keep the rear in line. These are similar pressures to what I was running on both the Boss and the E36.

Some of the rotation can be seen in the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj4dFtKIpIU&t=294

This is going into turn 6 at Shannonville Long configuration. A double apex--I enter the first apex early to swing out and use much of the road between apexes, and take a late apex on the 2nd part of the corner to setup for turn 7. The video shows the rotation between the 1st and 2nd apex of this corner. The car simply tucks in when I trail the throttle here--and of course, getting back on the throttle to transition weight back rewards stops the rotation. I can get it very sideways if I wanted, and getting back on power straightens it back out.

The car will rotate on entry when I trail the brakes, and is sufficiently pointy on corner entry even without trail braking. Mid corner has a lot of the rotation magic if called upon. It's only a right foot away!

Sway bar settings are stiff front and rear -- stiff front for the immediate steering response to get it pointed into a corner. Shock/spring package = KW street comfort, set to max rebound front and rear (if any less, the rebound is too soft for at limit handling IMO). All this with soft 440lbs/in front and 260lbs/in rear springs!

In the end, the car is a street car, and my chosen parts reflect that. Despite a milder coilover setup, the car has been made to handle. It's all in the alignment and bars.

I've taken a few people for a spin, and they are surprised at the amount of rotation available. Several folks have mentioned that it is totally "un-Audi like"--which it is. Front tire wear has dropped dramatically. The rear will slip before the front does in trailing throttle situations, and the front will slip before the rear during on-throttle situations. Very predictable, and the sport diff is still there to help with rotating the back end of the car on the exit phase of the corner.

I've said before that this car is unrewarding to drive, and much too easy and drama-free to drive at the limit. This changes everything. It's fun, engaging and most of all, fast. What's more, the front tires last much longer - they previously would give out after a few hot laps (especially with a passenger) and would get greasy. The level of traction they can provide at various steering angles would be greatly reduced when this occurred. Now with the new alignment, the front tires stay in check, and the corner which I've always had understeer problems with at Shannonville (T14) now doesn't give me problems - the car doesn't push through there.

Prior to this new alignment, my old alignment got me 2:02.9 @ Shannonville and 1:38.2 @ Mosport GP. Those times are already competitive enough for class wins in OTA's GT2 time attack class. The new setup saves quite a lot more time through the tighter corners. Looking forward to track what lap times the new configuration will turn. Best of all -- all this has been accomplished on street tires, street pads, street suspension and stock tune. The car remains to be a very balanced and comfortable daily driver, while being able to hang with true sports cars setup for competition. Not bad for a 55/45 weight distributon grocery getter.

For what it's worth, my previous alignment after re-verifying it on the alignment rack was:

-3f camber, -2.5r
0 front toe, 3.4mm rear toe in

Tee uus teema Tee uus küsitlus

Mine lehekülje lõppu

XMB Audi Club Edition
Täiendanud: indro, klem, j6mm & diversion @ 2002-2020
Eesti Audi Klubi ei vastuta foorumis tehtud postituste eest.
[Päringuid: 21]
[PHP: 73.1% - SQL: 26.9%]